Powered by Blogger.

April 17, 2009

BUTTER POUND CAKE

dukkus pics 001.jpg


Everyone I know of is looking for a good butter cake recipe and then a better than that and then better than that recipe, the quest goes on and on...I find a fabulous cake recipe and feel this is the best ever until I try out something else and that is better than that, well that's the human mind...deconstructed...


My mom used to take cooking classes when we were kids since she had considerable expertise in Kashmiri food and had learnt a lot of other stuff too, but when it came to baking cakes she felt I had a better hand at handling it, so I started teaching baking in particular, for those classes too, perhaps my first ever professional foray into the cooking world, I think that exposed me to a number of things particularly what students would ask and what answers I should be ready with, this I am talking about when I was maybe 15-16 yrs old, I think maybe I should have taken up a career in Hotel management or Culinary Art or something like that, but what the heck! maybe I can realise my dreams now through this blog...


In my last post I mentioned coming down with this Conjunctivitis, I mean this IS some monster from hell!, I absolutely hated it, it ate up last 10 days of my life and I am running a mile away from absolutely anyone who has it, but there are just some things you gotta endure in life, so my advice to anyone who has it-



  1. GOD help you

  2. Be patient

  3. Be prepared with lots of ice baths, add some rose water to it

  4. Go to the Dr immediately, he will start some painkillers and antibiotics for you

  5. Put those antibiotic eye drops every hour or so

  6. Keep calm

  7. Dont tear your eyes out like I wished I would

  8. PRAY HARD


Sorry for the long post now coming back to the more serene things in life-BUTTER POUND CAKE, very, very good recipe,no elbow grease, slices very well, soft and fluffy, highly recommended.,yields a really large cake and no expensive ingredients at all...see I told you this is the best ever!!!


INGREDIENTS-



  • Flour-2 cups

  • Powdered sugar-3/4 cup

  • Salt-1/2 tsp

  • Milk-3/4 cup

  • Yogurt-2 tbsp

  • Baking powder-3 tsp

  • Egg-1

  • Butter-1/4 cup melted

  • a handful of raisins

  • Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp


Method-


Dump everything into a large mixing bowl, adding baking powder in the end, bake at 200C for 40 minutes, TA DA SIMPLE!!!


pound cake.jpg

Print Friendly and PDF
Bookmark this post :
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

9 comments :

Suparna April 17, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Hi,
Wow! ur mom used to take kashmiri cooking classes tha's really cool! more cool to know that u would teach baking at that tender age :) tha's cool girlie ;) now abt the conjunctivitis...lol I had a great laugh reading ur write up...sorry! but ya tha's one dreaded thing for sure...had got it once in student life...same with me.... now I see red eyes n run a mile in the opposite direction...lol

The cake looks delicious, and a two liner recipe wowie!tha's even more cool!
Hope u r feeling better now, take care.
TC

Ramya Vijaykumar April 17, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

Looks great... Ofcourse you can realize your dream thru this blog, this gives you a lotta xposure for sure... Am book marking your pound cake, tempting...

Malar Gandhi April 17, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Hi Bindhiya, pound cake looks gorgeous, inviting...

Aah what a great picture...I simply adore the kulfi picture of yours, yummy. Awesome click...makes me to crave for it.

Priya Suresh April 18, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

Prefect pound cake, feel like have a slice rite now!

Chutneytales April 18, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

Wow the butter cake looks fab!Bookmarked it..Hope u r fine now..Take care :)

Food4Dogs November 10, 2009 at 2:16 AM  

Hi Bindiya,

I really enjoy your blog.
This pound cake is my husband's absolute favourite! I've baked it several times now and it always comes out perfect - unlike some other recipes I've tried ...

I actually like this cake better after a day or two. I keep it wrapped in alufoil or clingwrap in the fridge, and I find the texture improves with age :) - it gets that lovely moist succulent touch.

Your oven must be quite different from mine - I found 200 degrees far too hot (the cake burned first time), but at 180 it bakes well.

Finally: I am sugar-intolerant (quite a challenge for baking!) so am always looking for recipes that adapt well to using honey or syrup in small amounts. This cake does very well in this respect.

Thank you, and please keep blogging - your enthusiasm is infectious. :)

Britta in N.Z.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP   

} catch(err) {}