Powered by Blogger.

April 14, 2009

SUMMER COOL KULFI

kulfi.JPG


Summer's are here full blast, and all that one craves is something cool and refreshing, I think kulfi simply rules and there is nothing quite like it in the world!.Making kulfi at home is incredibly easy and uses very few ingredients, I made kulfi using two method's one is to dissolve 5-6 pieces of fresh burfi (Indian wholemilk sweetmeat) in 2 cups of wholemilk, add a teaspoon of flour dissolved in 1 tbsp water and let thicken, add chopped dry fruits, freeze and serve, this is probably the easiest of all ways to make kulfi, if you are in the mood for cooking-from-a-scratch like I was, then follow Deeba's method here for some rich ,creamy kulfi, she uses 1 litre milk and about 3/4cups sugar plus some powdered cardamom, boil till quantity is reduced to 1/3rd, add chopped nuts, cool and freeze in moulds, serve....


This delicious, rich, creamy kulfi is off to Aquadaze's for My favorite things event.I knew that I would be making loads of frozen desserts this Summer, but right now as I type this, the words are blurring before my eyes and I can hardly see what I am typing, Yes, my friends I am down with the worst case of Conjunctivitis (Eye flu), and thought I should make and eat kulfi before I completely lose it, you see nothing... just nothing comes in the way of me and my sweet cravings....!


spring.jpg

Print Friendly and PDF
Bookmark this post :
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

14 comments :

Ramya Vijaykumar April 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Kulfi, mmm I still feel cold out here so I havent thought of making it yet... I usually do the second way the first seems great too... Thanks for sharing...

Pooja April 14, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Kulfi is looking delicious..Nice presentation..

Priya Suresh April 14, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Tempting kulfi...am just drooling rite now here..

Unknown April 15, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

wow.. mouthwatering Kulfi dear.. nice pic..

Namratha April 15, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Wow Bindiya, that is one delicious looking Kulfi.

Chutneytales April 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Kulfi looks perfect..I like the short-cut method..Nice click!
Take care..

suvi April 15, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

this looks yum! thanks for sending this over :)

Hope the conjunctivitis doesn't trouble you too much. TC

Khaugiri April 15, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

Wow Tempting Kulfi Bindiya. I like the fork also. Nice presentation :)

nithya at hungrydesi April 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

yum, i had no idea making kulfi at home could be so easy. i can't wait until it gets warm here and i can try this out! Glad to have found your blog from your comment on hungry desi :)

FH April 16, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

For us, Summer is still 3 mnts away, waiting for it! :)

Kulfi looks perfect for summer days, great looking IC.

Anonymous ,  April 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

that kulfi looks nice.. i hv made kulfi only once in my life.. n i got the consistency all wrong so it was totally liqideey!! but we drank it quite happily!

Unknown April 26, 2014 at 7:02 PM  

I am going to try today i hope the kulfi with barfi would be tasty....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP   

} catch(err) {}