Powered by Blogger.

May 23, 2009

HOMEMADE MASCARPONE CHEESE!...AND MANGO CHEESECAKE

mascarpon cheesecake.JPG


I have a whole list of stuff you don't get here in India, like blueberries or asparagus or for that matter mascarpone...Sometimes I wish for the really little things like maybe hundreds and thousands...and all that lovely cake decorating and yummy eating stuff that is so readily available abroad! Top of my wishlist is filled chocolates aaahhh..


Anyways you can imagine my happiness when I came across Vera's recipe for homemade mascarpone cheese... and it turned out sooo beautifully


The minute I added the lemon juice to the gently heating cream, you won't believe it-I got a whiff of CHEESECAKE! So that's what I made...no kidding here :)


homemade mascarpone.JPG


I had an eye on Abbey's infamous cheesecake , ever since the daring bakers took it up and with mascarpone at hand who could stop me?I took the recipe from Sunita's World which can be found here.The only change I made was the addition of 1/2 cup chopped luscious mangoes, and another half a mango, sliced for the top..., super soft, light, creamy and delicious is all I can say about this divine cheesecake...


mango cheesecake.JPG


This cheesecake is off to Poornima, who is hosting my event this month-These are a few of my favorite things:Cheese, thanks dear, and to Neha who is hosting MBP-Mango masti, event started by Coffee of Spice Cafe


cheesecake.JPG


The pic above -I topped the cake with some more sweetened mascarpone and chopped mangoes....oooooh yummy!

Print Friendly and PDF
Bookmark this post :
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

7 comments :

Unknown May 24, 2009 at 1:08 AM  

Yumm.. This looks great :)
But is mascarpone cheese the same as cream cheese? Because in the recipe I cant find any mascarpone. I too have had my eye on the DB cheesecake for a while, plan to make it soon :)

Sunshinemom May 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

In love with that cheesecake!

Bindiya May 24, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Avanika I substituted cream cheese with mascarpone and results were great.

Unknown May 24, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

OMG How can you tempt like this yaar! that's a fantastic work dear. wooooooow look at that creamy mango cake I really want to taste that one yummmmy

Bombay Foodie May 25, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Lovely cake! I have been thinking of making my own mascarpone too (even though I get it at a neighborhood store, but the prices are outrageous).

If only someone could get us blueberries too :(

Parita May 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Kewl..never made mascarpone cheese at home..i love the creamy texture of mascarpone..tempting to make it at home..the cake looks mouth watering

Neha May 28, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Never heard of it, something new, but the cake looks nice. You do have a gr8 blog .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP   

} catch(err) {}