Powered by Blogger.

October 21, 2009

CRISPY~CRACKLY~CHAKLIS and SOME RANGOLI!

crispy chaklis.JPG


Never thought that I could make these at home! They look just so perfect, and that crackly texture, oh my!, but I am so glad I did...they turned out soooo perfect I could HARDLY BELIEVE IT, will be making them all the time now for sure, they are the perfect accompaniment for my evening cuppa :)



  • Rice flour-1 cup

  • All purpose flour-1 cup

  • Ghee/clarified butter-2 tbsp

  • Urad dal-2 tbsp

  • Cumin seeds (zeera)-1/2 tsp

  • Fenugreek seeds (methre)-1/2 tsp

  • Asafoetida( hing)-a pinch

  • Sesame seeds (safed til)-1 tsp

  • Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp

  • Salt to taste

  • Refined oil for frying


Dry roast the dal, cumin and fenugreek seeds, cumin and asafoetida, cool and grind finely in a coffee grinder.Combine the rice flour and refined flour, rub in the ghee till it resembles coarse breadcrumbs, add the ground mixture alongwith salt and with the help of water knead into a soft, smooth dough(this takes about 10 minutes), oil the insides of a chakli press and take small portions of the dough to roll out into circular shapes using star disc, slip these into medium hot oil and fry carefully till golden, drain and serve, or store in airtight container, will keep for several weeks.


PA210049.JPG


PA210050.JPG


These are very good with tea or coffee, I am having some right now with some hot ginger tea, and really they DO NOT last long in my house as they are very addictive :)


crispy chaklis1.JPG


Diwali has come and gone but the memories linger on...I made some free hand rangoli at the entrance of my home, pics of which I absolutely must share with you all...


diwali rangoli.JPG


diwali rangoli1.JPG


as darkness falls...


diwali rangoli3.JPG


diwali rangoli2.JPG


another one which I had posted earlier too...


rangoli on diwali.jpg


ENJOY!

Print Friendly and PDF
Bookmark this post :
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

9 comments :

Sharmila October 21, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

Those chaklis do look fab Bindiya! And such beautiful rangolis too! Love the ones in the dark. :-)

Anonymous ,  October 22, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

Chaklis looks so good and crispy. I am sure going to try your recipe. Rangoli also looks so colourful. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Vimala

Priya Suresh October 22, 2009 at 2:08 AM  

Beautiful rangoli and crispy chaklis looks delicious!

Manju October 22, 2009 at 2:27 AM  

the chaklis look nice and crispy!!

my kitchen October 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

I am the first to comment,Crunchy chaklis looks tasty,Beautiful Rangoli.Do visit my blog when u find time

Neha October 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Yummy snack(my all time favourite), with so so so lovely n beautiful rangoli....really loved it...

vidhas October 22, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Chakli looks perfect Bindiya. Beautiful rangoli, loved the ones in dark.

Saraswathy Balakrishnan October 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

Hi thanks for visiting and u too have a lovely space with yummy recipes to share too..very crispy looking murukku and beautiful rangoli..do sign in as a follower tooo..

Supriya October 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Chaklis look g8 and the shape is amazing! When I try, I am unable to get the round shape..mine break and I have to make straight pieces :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP   

} catch(err) {}