Powered by Blogger.

December 12, 2009

TANGY PINEAPPLE RASAM

pineapple rasam.JPG


This tangy sweet and sour marriage of pineapple and lentils is literally mouthwatering and digestive too, I did read up a few recipes before attempting this and what I understand is that not everyone uses arhar dal for this recipe, but I wanted something which could give it a more substantial base, this absolutely perfect and irresistible appetizer was loved by everyone and I think is definitely on my favorites list too. To make this you require-



  • Fresh pineapple-1 cup, diced fine

  • Arhar/ Toor dal- 1/4 cup

  • Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp

  • Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp

  • Curry leaves- a few

  • Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp

  • Sugar-2 tsp

  • Fresh ginger- grated 1/4 tsp

  • Oil-1 tbsp

  • Green chilli-1 deseeded and chopped fine


Pressure cook lentils/dal (5-6 whistles), till done and mash well, Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add cumin, mustard seeds, curry leaf, green chilli, asafoetida and ginger, let sputter, add the pineapple and dal and let simmer on gentle heat, lastly add sugar and salt, adjust to taste, serve piping hot.


pineapple rasam1.JPG


I know a lot of you love pineapple rasam and for some it is a childhood favorite, did your mom make it this way too??

Print Friendly and PDF
Bookmark this post :
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

4 comments :

Unknown December 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Pineapple rasam sounds tangy and delicious. Pic looks appetizing.

Manasi December 14, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

I love the flavors of pineapple rasam! I have this BAD cold, I really could do with a steaming bowl of rasam!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP   

} catch(err) {}