Powered by Blogger.

May 24, 2010

SAGAR'S PERFECT APPLE CINNAMON CAKE


As is apparent from my earlier posts, we are a family always interested in food and all things related, my nani, though she did not know at that time has produced a progeny of cooks into this world, both her children are naturals, and so are some of her grandchildren, some explored it professionally like my brother- Sagar (a Hotel mgmt grad from IHM, Pusa, went for further studies to Palm Beach Resort, Florida and is currently working with Woodlands Restaurant, London), and some like me passionately blog to live!.
Living in London, Sagar has developed a particular penchant for British food and has invariably adopted their love for baked treats.
This Perfect Apple Cinnamon cake is from his secret repertoire and he does not stop raving about it, the recipe I am posting just as he sent to me, enjoy!

RECIPE FOR PERFECT APPLE CINNAMON CAKE
Dear Bindiya,
This is my recipe for the Perfect Apple and Cinnamon cake that I like to have with my friend Lily Chatterjee for our special afternoon tea!!!


Ingredients-

  • 100 gms Flour
  • 100 gms Sugar
  • 50 gms Butter
  • 3 nos Eggs
  • few drops Vanilla essence
  • pinch Baking powder
  • 2 no apple (peeled, cored and halved or quartered)
  • handful Sultanas
  • 1/2 tspn Cinnamon
Method-Preheat the oven at 180 deg. F Melt the butter in the baking tin...remove the melted butter and line the tin.Peel and core and halve or quarter apples,mix with raisins and dust them with some cinnamon and flour. Double sieve the flour with baking powder. Beat eggs and sugar and vanilla essence till peak consistency .Divide the flour in 3 portions. Add the sieved flour in the beaten egg and sugar mix, in 3 parts, use a wooden spatula to mix well, use the cut and fold method(full circle and cut in the middle) .After adding all the flour, add the sultanas to the mix, then add the cinnamon.Mix gently. Add the melted butter in the end, just pour from the side and one final gentle mix. Pour half mix in to the lined baking tin, place halved apples gently and top with rest of mix. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes at 180 deg C. Dust with Icing sugar.
Best eaten slightly warm so just warm in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving. Tastes great with Chantilly cream or honey or ice cream or on its own.

Love,
Sagar Varun
Needless to say the Cake came out perfect!

Print Friendly and PDF
Bookmark this post :
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

4 comments :

FH May 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Apple and Cinnamon is my fave combo, cake so gorgeous. I love this combo in Pie too.

AJ May 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM  

Very nice Bindiya!! Your brother is very accomplished!! I made a fresh apple cake too this month:)

Naveen July 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM  

I've been looking for a gorgeous apple cinnamon recipe for so long but none have appealed to me so I've never bothered making it! But this looks so yum and sounds simple too! I'm going to make it for iftari today :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP   

} catch(err) {}