A definite party pleaser and a tantalising snack especially if you have vegetarian guests coming over. Guilt free but full on taste and flavour, its colourful and light...must try!!!
Cottage cheese(paneer)- 250 gms
Red and yellow Bell peppers (capsicum)- 1 each
Onion- 2 (chopped into largish bite size pcs)
Thick low fat Curd- 250gms
Ginger+garlic paste(fresh)- 1 tbsp
Garam masala- 1tsp
Lemon juice- 1 tsp
Finely chopped green chillies-1-2
Mint leaves- a handful, finely chopped
Coriander leaves- a handful, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Chaat masala to sprinkle on top
Wooden skewers(soaked in water so that they don’t burn)
- Whip the curd well.
- Add ginger+garlic paste, garam masala, lemon juice, green chillies, garam masala, coriander, mint and salt/pepper to the whipped curd.
- Cut paneer into largish squares and marinate in the above mixture for 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut onion and peppers into bite size pieces.
- Final assembly-
- Take a wooden skewer , alternately thread the onion then the marinated paneer, bell pepper, keep repeating, finishing with the onion in that order.
- Grill/ Pan roast the skewers till brown and done.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot.